Very weird problems here!

Reaction score
I´ve just bought my macbook pro13´and I´m a mac new user...I´m facing problems that are driving me crazy. Let me tell you.

1- The start up and turn off: Sometimes the mac keps trying to start up but it keeps only showing the white page with the apple logo and it doesn´t start, so I press the button for 5 seconds to force it to turn off and then I press again and it works...bout the turn off, I go to the apple,ask to turn off and the icons and everything desappear but the screen keeps showing the background image and it doesn´t turn off.

2- I ´ve noticed that when I am using the mac on battery mode, the safari closes after a few moments of use, not only safari, even the message board that appears to inform apple of the problem closes by itself after i open it to check the explanation of the problem. When I use it on power mode this problem rarely happens. But it happens sometimes.

3 - I have a dvd with many word and excel files. And i also have office for mac with word and excel, the point is that when i try to copy the files from the DVD the files are not shown in the copied folder.

I have already updated the software via internet; But I am afraid to use the reinstall DVDs that came with the mac.

Any help would be really appreciated here. So far I´m very disapointed with my macbook...

3 -

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A new MBP should not have that many problems. Some of it can be caused by software but you may have some hardware glitches also. Since it's new, I suggest giving Apple support a call and make an appointment for them to trouble shoot it for you. If you live close to an Apple store, it would be best to take it on in. But make an appointment first. This time of year they're very busy.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Hi Douglas,
Welcome to the forums - don't despair and dont blame the MBP it is just a dumb machine. - it may be just a case of getting your set up sorted. When posting try and give more info - what OS do u have?

OP
D
Reaction score
I live in Brazil

No applestores nearby here...Hardware test performed and no probs were found...it really the software...but what is the prob???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
So what do u have Leopard or Snow Leopard and which Office are u using 2004 or 2008. The main problem is you have not given enough information that will allow suggestions. Remember we cannot see your screen and we have no idea what you have done since u got the computer.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
For the startup and shutdown - what external devices do you have plugged into it - unplug them all to see if that sorts it.

OP
D
Reaction score
Info about my MBP

13` , os x 10.6.2 (10C540)...mac office 2004, intel core 2 duo, 2,24GHz, 2G ram. I hope this info help...please help me

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.