Tiger: Dock app flickers

C

code777

When i move my mouse cursor over my dock icons sometimes the icons flicker. Its weird. I go from one end to the other and i see the icons flickering. Has this happened to anyone else? I have magnification set to max and I've never seen this happen before I went 10.4

thoughts?

OP
C

code777

btw - i should note this only happens when magnification has been set to "maximum". also i use to use Transparent Dock. anyone?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
This happened to me just for one instance though, but I don't use Transparent Dock. But maybe you could update Transparent Dock, maybe they fixed some stuff.

Reaction score
Tried it out and didn't manage to get the same effect. Could be that it happens when the computer is strained or something that you have installed in the past.

I take it that you have just done a system upgrade to 10.4 ? I've done that and Safari crashes every-time I open it, probably also something that I've installed in the past.

I've also never used transparent dock.

OP
C

code777

yes, i did an "upgrade" and ever since my dock (if magnification is set to MAX) does this funny flickering. If you just run your mouse over the dock back and forth you will see the icons do some funky flickering. I went to the Apple Store and none of their upgraded macs do this.

I told the Mac Genius and well he really had no clue. But he feels *maybe* it was because I had Transparent Dock loaded on my system and maybe the upgrade did something glitchy!? Transparent Dock is not compatible with 10.4 BTW

No idea. Right now I went into sys.prefs. and changed the magnification from max. to a little bit lower and now it does not do that flickering.

Should note that when set at maximum magnification it did this flickering of the icons when set to the left/right/bottom. So its something with the dock.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.