very odd behaviour in mail and entourage..

Reaction score
Ok, still learning my way around the mac, and have now downloaded all my emails form my gmail in mail and entourage.

My next project was to create rules so emails form certain people go to certain folders etc...so far so good.

in mail and in entourage, i have managed to transfer all the EXISTING emails into the correct folders, but any new ones go straight to the inbox and only go to the correct folder when the rule is applied manually.

this is true for both mail and entourage...is this a mac thing or pilot error? i know as far as i can remember windows mail and outlook never ever did this, mail went where the rule told it to go :-(

thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
My first (and only so far ;) ) - in the rules on mail (I can't speak about entourage, I don't use it) - is there a checkmark for the rule in active?

OP
B
Reaction score
My first (and only so far ;) ) - in the rules on mail (I can't speak about entourage, I don't use it) - is there a checkmark for the rule in active?

hi there..thanks for the response!

There is defiantly a checkmark to make the rule 'live' and active!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.