macbook pro replacement battery

Reaction score
well my macbook pro battery is dead, its well out of warranty, its the 15 in. all aluminum body model, and i was wondering if anyone knew any good third party battery providers for macs, as i don't want to shell the $130 for the one from the apple store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
OP
R
Reaction score
i mean i googled that too and found the same links, i was just trying to see if anyone could suggest ones from experience, seeing how they are third party i was looking for things like make quality, and how long the battery lasted, from people who actually own one, i mean if its cheaper but lasts 1/2 as long or doesn't fit well i'd rather just buy one from the apple store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See "Signature".
As I said earlier in a similar thread:

I can't speak for the Macbook Pro batteries, but I took a shot on one of the cheapo eBay batteries for my old iBook G4 and it performed just as well as the battery that I spent over $100 on at the Apple store.

I don't know if there is any consistency with these results. Caveat emptor.

OP
R
Reaction score
yeah i found some third party batteries on amazon and some of the reviews said they worked fine and some said they were just pieces of crap, so i was just seeing if anyone knew of a solid company that provided them, i guess i'm just stuck rolling the dice on this one, thanks for the help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.