iPhoto Problem

G

GotMac?

For some odd reason i can not get iPhoto to work for the life of me. so i am just gonna stop trying. Anyone have any suggestions for a program similar to this that is good. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
what are you trying to do in iphoto? do you need another photo management app, or another way to get your images off of a camera?

OP
G

GotMac?

Another photo management app, sorry. it trys to find photos forever, then when i try to import from anywhere it shuts down, it just doesn't work period so i am looking for a new app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok, delete iphotos preferences. its here:
mac hd>users>your username>library>preferences>com.apple.iPhoto.plist delete that .plist file, iphoto should be ok. if by some small chance, its not, repair permissions.
what version of iphoto are you using?

OP
G

GotMac?

That did not work, and i am using 4.0.3 do you just know of any other apps? i have a feeling nothing will help this program

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
not that I know of, everyone just uses iphoto, do you have the software restore disc so you can reinstall ilife 04? or the panther install discs, just use pacifist to extract it and thats it.

OP
G

GotMac?

the only thing i have is the disc that came with my ibook i used it to install OSX on my G4. and even with a fresh install iPhoto still doesn't work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that sounds like a problem possibly with the disc if an erase and install wont fix it.

OP
G

GotMac?

Ok i have no idea. i just did a clean install then installed iLife 05 and still when i try to add folders it just shuts down. and never stops "loading pictures" i give up lol.

Does anyone know of any other good photo managent apps? i really need one

Reaction score
iphoto is a good photo management app that's why macman is trying to help you sort the problem out.

What's the point in buying a different program if it's not the programs fault in the first place. i. e iphoto works fine for everyone else !!!

it must be something to do with your set-up, the way your using the program or your hardware which is causing the problem. :bomb:

OP
G

GotMac?

Actually you didn't clarify the title. i was not asking for help to fix iphoto i was asking what other options i had for photo managent apps, what other options i had. as for moving it, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
For alternatives try http://www.macupdate.com and search for photo apps. But you really won't find anything comparable to iPhoto that won't cost you a bunch. Your best bet is to figure out why iPhoto keeps crashing on you.

My bet is that you have some corrupted images that is crashing iPhoto. Are you just grabbing the folders and dumping into iPhoto?

I would suggest importing the images individually into iPhoto to see if that works.

Also, have you tried looking at the iPhoto crash log to see what it says?

Also this link has some useful info about half way down the page on iPhoto db issues.

Reaction score
You could just organise the photos in the finder and use the function from Graphic converters browse image to look through them. That's the best alternative that I can think of.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.