Splitting a .cue file

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone know what to use in os x to have a .cue file split up into components, from a .flac or .ape image (and converted consequently to alac)?

I 've been using a few apps but none with good results:

max sees the cue file, the names of the separate tracks, and splits it up, but no matter how I try to tweak the settings it won't output the filenames (song, artist etc.) on the split track title. Come to think of it I can then use the output files and have them "converted" to output the correct filename (let me just try that then…. Ok, just tried it, won't work, I choose a custom filename type but it won't output it…very strange….)

I 've used another audio converted, switch, it looks like a real nice app, lots of options, but somehow I can't get it to even understand .cue files, see them that is for the component tracks.

xACT, finally, where there's a splitting utility in there but I can't get it to work…

Thanks!

OP
A
Reaction score
Hey thanks for that! I downloaded cue splitter, but required rosseta, so I decided against it thinking it might be obsolete, that's why i didn't mention it in my original post.

But I am checking out mp3 splitter right now.

Really wish max could just do it by itself. Again thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Max will split .cue files. I use it all the time.
Open the cue file with Max and click encode.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.