DropBox

Reaction score
I use dropbox for school purposes as well as file sharing. I LOVE this app and the program itself. I was just wondering is there any way to use dropbox as the default saving program? Also, is there any way to set up my drop box to automatically save a document as word 2007 and 2003?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Are you talking about saving things you download to Dropbox? If that is the case just change the settings in your browser and point to Dropbox. Not sure about the rest. I just paid for the 50GB account and pretty much use it for everything now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
My sugestion would be to contact the developer with your questions

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Dropbox is a backup application that stores your data for access no matter where you may be.

It is not a word processor, media player, photo manipulator, or any other type of program. It cannot save your files as any particular type. Your files are saved as the appropriate file type by the application you created the file with..

Files can be saved "into" the dropbox as a location, the same as saving the file to your hard drive. Dropbox itself, just like your hard drive, has nothing whatsoever to do with the file types that are saved there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.