can you run windows software on a mac that has been reformated windows 7?

Reaction score
Hello, so i recently bought a macbook. I was wondering if i reformat it windows, will my old windows programs run on it or will it still require mac programs.

Thanks a bunch!
Merry christmas!
and godbless in this season of advent!

justin

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The hardware is the same as any other Windows notebook. So, if you remove Mac OS X and replace it with Windows altogether, it will behave like any other Windows PC (that includes susceptibility to viruses and other security and maintenance issues).

The whole point of owning a Mac is to run Mac OS X. If you do this, you've essentially got an overpriced Windows machine that looks very pretty.

OP
M
Reaction score
ok, thank you very much for the quick responce. yes but it is pretty and also has a 7 hour battery life, that which i could not find anywhere else.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Keep in mind that 7 hours is relative to what you're doing on the machine.

Also, OS X tends to be much less power-intensive than Windows. When I run Windows via Boot Camp on my Mac, I get about an hour and thirty minutes as opposed to 4 hours with OS X.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you very much, you have been very informative and i dont think i will reformat it anymore.

Merry christmas!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.