PowerMac G5 Airport extreme card

Reaction score
Firstly hello to everyone.

I have recently bought a PowerMac G5 dual core 2ghz. I also bought an airport extreme card as this did not come with it.

My problem is that when I installed the extreme card, all went well. The card was recognised, it could find the wireless networks and everything was good. I turned the machine off overnight and when turning back on again in the morning, the airport card has turned itself off.

I tried to turn this back on and it wont do it. I have done some searching on here and tried some of the solutions, unfortunately none of these worked. These include creating another airport profile, uninstalling everything and re-installing, re-seating, cleaning and checking the card and antenna connection.
I am running 10.5.8 latest updates. The card is recognised in the system profiler? Can anyone help please?

Would be sooo grateful.

Thanks very much
Kind regards
Shiney

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Hello,
welcome to the forum.
Do u have this icon in the Menubar;

Click for full size

If not go to System Prefs/Network/ select airport in left pane and check status in menubar box

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And if the Airport Extreme did work, you have a Dual Processor machine, not Dual Core, which require an Airport/Bluetooth Combo Card which is an Apple install product only.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.