comparing ipods - please gimme a hand

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5 GHz Pb G4 2 GB, imac 2.4 GHz 2 GB, iphone 16 GB
i thought i was gonna be getting the regular ipod 20Gb,
then i saw it's just $50 difference between that one and the 30Gb ipod photo.
so i started thinking, hmmmm should i get that one.
it is a bit thicker but i won't make a decision until i hold it in my hands.
now the question i have: are there any regular (greyscale display) 40Gb ipods avaialble anywhere still? and if so, are they as thick/heavy as 30Gb ipod photos?
i'll be getting it in the states through my father, so i'm interested in the opinion of american mac heads :p

J

Jefe3223

um...
is there anywhere to find a 40gig greyscale?: not to my knowledge...ebay seems to have everything, thoug, but i don't feel like looking it up myself, so you could search there, but not retail.
^let me edit the above, by saying i just found, like three sites that you can buy a 40gig one on....just google 40gb ipod and it's there.

Is it heavier than the 30gigs?: yes, but not by much. each one is a slightly different size and weight. You probably wouldn't be able to tell a difference without holding both and having a scale with you.
Size?:I'd bet they'd be a comparable thickness to the ipod photo.

OP
red milk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cool. thanks. i think i'll go for ipod 30gb after all. but i'll look around some more anyway :dive:

I

IChing

I just got the 30gig iPod photo last week, you'll love the color screen, plus photos, plus the 10 additional gigs you get for another $50.

Reaction score
i like the one with the 4 buttons above the wheel (even though its older you can still get one) It's my favourite one so far, except the U2 iPod. It's really nice and a bit smaller than the normal 4th Gen 40GB.

OP
red milk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IChing said:
I just got the 30gig iPod photo last week, you'll love the color screen, plus photos, plus the 10 additional gigs you get for another $50.

=)

gonna check it out tomorrow at the store, but i'm quite sure i'll be going for that one.
honestly, i don't care about the colour screen much, i just want extra 10Gb space :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.