OS 10.6 address book template question

Reaction score
Should changes made to the address book template appear when an old contact is edited, or just for new contacts?

Obviously, one gets ideas for improving the template by working with existing entries. If template changes will not appear in the old contact edit window, I would consider this a SERIOUS glitch!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Try it out is the answer - see what happens :)

OP
D
Reaction score
Of course, I tried it before posting. The new template does NOT appear when editing an existing contact.

Should it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
Should it?

It should. I just tried adding a Suffix to the name of the entry and then looked to see if the new field was added when I went to go edit older entires. Yep, it's there. I'm running Snow Leopard as well. I'm not sure why it isn't showing up when you try it though.

OP
D
Reaction score
OK, it works, but there is still a glitch. I had a contact open while I changed the template. When I tried to edit that particular contact, even after closing and reopening its edit page, I did not get the new template, but I did get it for all other old contacts.

The likely solution to avoid this glitch is to close all contacts that are in edit mode before changing the template.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Of course, I tried it before posting. The new template does NOT appear when editing an existing contact.

Strange, I suggested you try it because when I tried, the changes were retained - for old and for new???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.