iWeb and Other Web Designing Programmes

Reaction score
Hi,

My First posting here
Great forum from what I read, keep up the good work.

My question:

If I use iWeb to designa web-site, simple on with no log-in, just displaying my info on many pages, can I later use a web-based programme, say such as Go-Daddy or many other web-hosting companies offer, to add to or edit the original pages made with iWeb?

I am told I may have to stick with iWeb or the "others", that I cannot change or add to without recreating from scratch my web site and uploading.

Grateful for advice,

Thank you and again, wonderful forum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I think the advice you have received is sound. iWeb creates complicated HTML upon publishing its pages. I doubt other web based tools would handle it.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thank you, noted. But does this mean, really, that if you publish a web site with iWeb, you need to create a new one from scratch if you wish to change from Web to another web site creation programme? Wow ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4GB Ram Running Snow Leopard
This is all relative to how much experience in HTML you have. If you can manage sifting through HTML to find your content, you should have no problem using a different website editing program. If you are unfamiliar with, and uncomfortable with editing HTML then yes, you will have difficulty using a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) site designing program.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.