Safari Window Pop-Ups

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
Is this the right place? well I have a question I went to Preferences and check open new tab in current window. Now if I click on anything that's on my current window it opens a whole new window. How can I fix this problem because I hate when it does that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You must be referring to "Open links from applications" in Safari 4.04? If so, change it back to "in a new window". Also make sure you have your Tabs preferences set the way you want.

Regards.

OP
p3ezi(moto)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes I am...but I don't want it to open a new window..i want it to open a new tab instead...i hate having multiple windows open...and how can i set my tab pref

Reaction score
yes I am...but I don't want it to open a new window..i want it to open a new tab instead...i hate having multiple windows open...and how can i set my tab pref

That's one of the reasons I use firefox. It's easier to do stuff. Safari gives me a headache.

From what I do know when using both FF and Safari, if I right click on a link it gives the option of opening in a new tab or opening in a new window.

I almost always right click on a link to open it. Sometimes I open in a tab but most of the time I open in a new window. I use spaces a lot tho.

spaces.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
right click on web link and click on open in new tab.

OP
p3ezi(moto)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i decided to use the browser that works best. Firefox. Now I don't have any issues with this. I uninstalled Safari. thanks for helping

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
right click on web link and click on open in new tab.

Or hold Command while clicking a link. Both work the same.

Yeah, that is one of my peeves about Safari, but still if I forget to hold Command while clicking, I just go to the toolbar at the top, go to Window, then click "Merge All Windows" and all the windows become new tabs in Safari.

I would use FF, but it takes ages to load, so I took it out of my dock.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.