G5 WORD problem/ install/remove issue

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm new here. Thanks for reading my post. Here's my problem. I did the 30 day trial of Word 08. Then I tried to install Word 08 disc. I should have just input the key into the prompt, but I did the disc install without thinking. So, it becomes necessary to remove 'Word 08' (trial.) I followed directions exactly. but it does not remove, therefore it will not install. Essentially, you remove Word, then remove plists. But it isn't working. Many doc's being held hostage! Any ideas? Thanks very much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Office 08 comes with an uninstall option IIRC, maybe you should use it.

You could also download an App like AppZapper and use it to uninstall Word/Office.

OP
M
Reaction score
I did use the Remove 'tool' in Word 08

It does not work in my case for some reason. I don't know about App Zap. I'll look into it. Thanks

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you, I did do what is recommended on that page.

It is not removing the App. I just researched AppZapper and it has, at best, mixed reviews. CleanApp seems to be the favored one. What do we all think is the best delete-app app? This may help me, and I do thank the poster who recommended AppZapper. I did not know such things existed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.