Is it the right time to buy a MBP?

Reaction score
Hi!

I am deciding whether or not to buy my self my first Mac soon. Seeing that this is Apple, I was just wondering when do they usually announce new updates to their MacBook Pro lines. I know that September is usually the iPod and the iPhones are usually in the spring. Some one told me they usually announce new laptops at CES in January.

I don't give a crap about the "Apple Tablet" ... I just want to know if I should hold out till January or should I be okay... the good thing about California is we get 30 days to return any electronics though, I'm still unsure.

Additionally this website says not to buy,
Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone
as a update should be coming soon...?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The MacBookPro line is at best in it's mid-life cycle. There probably won't be an update in the next 6 months or so, but I could be wrong.

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry, i'm a bit confused lol.

Are you saying that your post was wrong or the website is wrong? I doubt they would make an update so soon after Christmas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
"Is it the right time to buy a MBP?"

If you want one and can afford it, then it is the right time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Sorry, i'm a bit confused lol.

Are you saying that your post was wrong or the website is wrong? I doubt they would make an update so soon after Christmas.

My first post was wrong. Follow the link...

Apple has their own cycles that don't necessarily follow the Holidays.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
IMHO... if you keep waiting for the next best Mac to come out, you'll never get one. They will always change, upgrade and keep getting better.
A good friend told me the same thing back in '07 when I was going to wait until the '08 Mac Book Pro's came out. I ended up getting the Rev D (July '07) MBP on Dec '07 and today I am still happy with my purchase.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.