rejecting Install CDs

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having a major problems with my macbook pro. Last night it crashed, the screen went to grayish and message was to restart the computer. I did. Then when i started it up again it gave me a bunch of "unexpected quits errors" that included spotlight, and other applications. I put in the install CD and it started to install. I fell asleep and when i woke up the computer was shut down. I turned it one thinking im gonna need to put 2nd CD in, but it rejected it. Now it goes to gray screen, doesnt take install cds, doesnt want to safe boot, i tried everything and im would even be considering complete erase and install at this point, but it is rejecting CDs. Please help. Any response would possibly help.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Octo 2.8Ghz / Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz
Have you tried to boot from the original CD/DVD ?
Put it in the slot and restart while holding down the "c" key until you see the
system start to come up.
You can then reinstall as your running from the disk and not the hard drive.
You can also access the "disk utilities" function to have a look at your hard drive etc.

Marty.

OP
Masya
Reaction score
yes, i have been trying to boot it from the original CD. i did restart and held down C, but it pops out the CD after 10-15 seconds. Safe mode doesn't work. Check for hardware test option doesn't work. Basically nothing works, and especially if CD is popping out how am I suppost to reintall it?

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.