Configuring SSL on Mac OS Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Can anyone guide me to an article on setting up SSL on a new Mac 10.6/Apache 2 system. It's going to be on a Mac Mini running the non-server OS.

I used Marc's article, Configuring mod_ssl on Mac OS X, to configure SSL on a Mac 10.2/Apache 1.3 system several years ago with great success. I am getting ready to move to a Mac 10.6/Apache 2 system. I wonder if this article is still relevant? Do I need to watch out for anything not in the article? I notice some of the paths are a little different given the differences in how Apache is configured on each operating system. For example, Mac OS 10.2 has the Apache 1.3 config files here: /etc/httpd/, where 10.6 has Apache 2 config files located here: /etc/apache2/. Do I just account for these path changes and follow the article?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you so much.

Mike Ealy

Reaction score
Hi Mike - did you find any good resources? I'm hoping to get my dev box running SSL for a new project... While I'm fine with regular Apache and HTTP/PHP etc developing locally for HTTPS new to me...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.