My macbook Wont Boot

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if any body new what could be wrong with my macbook . On pressing the power button the fan and hdd spin up the white led on the front is on the superdrive sounds as if it is reading a disc but the screen stays black. Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please start trouble shooting by reading this article from Apple.

Post back if you need further assistance.

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
hia yeah i tried all these but still no luck. the hard dive that is in it is blank but i can not get a disk in drive to try to boot from cd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP| 2.33 15" |2 Gig|320 GiG 7200 rpm |256 MB X1600
Osx dvd

You really need to find or get possibly from someone else a OSX dvd to boot from , which will allow you to access the disk utility. Without being able to access that your at a stand still and are left with almost no options .

Can you borrow one from a friend ?

OP
D
Reaction score
no and to add to that my superdrive don't work i have an external drive which i tried to boot up ubutu with but it still gave me nothing.

OP
D
Reaction score
wait yes i can borrow my brothers disks from his new mac pro do u reckon that could work?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.