Ear buds next previous not working

Reaction score
I hope I have poor search skills and not a unique problem.

I just bought a 32GB ipod touch. The cool next (double click center button) previous (triple click center button) on the ear buds worked just long enough for me to love it and then stopped. About an hour actually.

Is it possible there is some software setting I bumped or do I have to get a new set of ear buds already?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Have you tried shutting down and restarting the iPod?

OP
F
Reaction score
Have you tried shutting down and restarting the iPod?
I hadn't but I just did and it actually worked for exactly one next and one previous and then it stopped again. In playing with it just now I got it to work a couple more times seemingly randomly. The pause start/resume works every time but with my fingers in the same place the double or triple click doesn't.

UPDATE: I tried washing the connector off with saliva and now it seems to be working more regularly but not consistently, also it isn't going in the order on the album. It skips two or three songs from the way they are displayed.

OP
F
Reaction score
I hope I have poor search skills and not a unique problem.

I just bought a 32GB ipod touch. The cool next (double click center button) previous (triple click center button) on the ear buds worked just long enough for me to love it and then stopped. About an hour actually.

Is it possible there is some software setting I bumped or do I have to get a new set of ear buds already?
It is also possible that there was a user training issue. The Apple Store Genius showed me that I had to double and triple clicker faster and it worked fine. I don't know why I was doing it right at first and then stopped.

OP
F
Reaction score
It is also possible that there was a user training issue. The Apple Store Genius showed me that I had to double and triple clicker faster and it worked fine. I don't know why I was doing it right at first and then stopped.

I had the problem again last night. I found that I do better if I use just my fingernail to double click instead of the whole finger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.