Tiger to Leopard / Snow Leopard upgrade

j0e

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to upgrade to Leopard or Snow Leopard from Tiger, I'm running a Powerbook 1.67ghz 80gb HD 1mg Ram which I plan to upgrade to 2mg.

Can I buy any Snow Leopard / Leopard upgrade pack or should I be looking for a Power PC version rather than an Intel one?

The difference between the upgrade packs and the complete new installation packs in price seems to be massive, £30 compared to £130, why is this?

One last thing, based on what i've said abot my mac, does anyone have any ideas on how well it will run with Leopard?
Any help much appreciated.
Cheers, J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Sorry I can't answer all of your questions but I can tell you that Snow Leopard will not run on a PowerPC

Hope this helps
Clay

OP
J

j0e

Reaction score
Thanks, yeah I realised that when looking at other posts, shame really.

So, if anyone can give me any advice on the cheapest way to upgrade to Leopard from Tiger, please let me know, Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Buy a retail install version of Leopard, about $120 on eBay and such. A clean install is then better than an upgrade. Do not buy so called 'drop in' or so called 'system upgrade' discs as they are very very model specific and work only with the machine they came with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4gb, 500gb
don't buy snow leopard. It sucks. The trackpad isn't nearly as responsive and it kept shutting down my internet forcing me to restart because it froze alot. Went back to leopard and no problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.