Can I get 'save to PDF' as the default for printing?

Reaction score
I rarely use a physical printer with my macbook (leopard 10.5.8). I love the save as PDF feature in the print dialog, so much that I'd like it to be the default behavior. Is there a way to rig that up? Seems like there ought to be, but I haven't figured it out.

Reaction score
I rarely use a physical printer with my macbook (leopard 10.5.8). I love the save as PDF feature in the print dialog, so much that I'd like it to be the default behavior. Is there a way to rig that up? Seems like there ought to be, but I haven't figured it out.

I like that feature. You dont have to change the "printer preferences" in order to print to a pdf. On my PC I use to always forget to change it back to "print to printer" and then I would have to mess around with stuff.

Now, if only Serif Pageplus was available for OSX I could pretty much eliminate the need for XP altogether.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I like that feature. You dont have to change the "printer preferences" in order to print to a pdf. On my PC I use to always forget to change it back to "print to printer" and then I would have to mess around with stuff.

Now, if only Serif Pageplus was available for OSX I could pretty much eliminate the need for XP altogether.

Never used Serif PagePlus because I have InDesign. Maybe you could try scribus? It's open source.

Reaction score
Never used Serif PagePlus because I have InDesign. Maybe you could try scribus? It's open source.

I tried scribus about 6 months ago and cant remember why I didnt really like it. I know I wanted to like it 'cause I think it was free. I downloaded Pageplus SE and within a couple days payed the $10 to get the upgrade to Pageplus 9. It is really easy to use for small business promotional material.

I only use it when I'm in a marketing mood.

I'm sure I would love Indesign. For $600 bucks I better love it!:eek:

cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.