setting up ssh

Z

zero17

is anybody knows how to set ssh on my poerbook so I can access my computer through ssh from other computer.

thanks...

Reaction score
System Preferences > Sharing > Services, Find Remote Login on the list and enable it.

Then just SSH into it using terminal, by typing ssh username@ipaddress, where you replace username with your username and ipaddress with the IP address of the computer you are trying to connect to.

Are both of the computers on the same network? if the one you are trying to connect to is behind a router then you might need to do some port forwarding.

OP
Z

zero17

mynameis said:
System Preferences > Sharing > Services, Find Remote Login on the list and enable it.

Then just SSH into it using terminal, by typing ssh username@ipaddress, where you replace username with your username and ipaddress with the IP address of the computer you are trying to connect to.

Are both of the computers on the same network? if the one you are trying to connect to is behind a router then you might need to do some port forwarding.

ok.. thanks..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.