MacBook Support Question

EFS

Reaction score
I have been waiting to go to the Apple Store for quite some time now. To start off, I have a white Santa Rosa MacBook purchased in January 08 that does not have AppleCare. I have the trademark crack on the right palm-rest, and various hairline cracks all over the bottom case. However, I am worried they will not fix it, one because I am out of AppleCare, and 2 because I installed an HD into my MacBook by myself. Do you think that Apple will replace my case with those circumstances? Also, I have battery that I bought about 3 months ago that has developed a nasty bulge. Will I get a replacement? Thanks in advance!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Changing out the hard drive yourself shouldn't prevent Apple from replacing the case since it's a DIY item. The cracks are a defect for which Apple has accepted responsibility for repairing. Of course if you in any way caused the cracks by dropping the machine or abusing it, Apple will not repair it for free.

If you purchased the battery from Apple they'll more than likely replace it with a new one.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.