Control iTunes (windows) from a mac.

Reaction score
So I have my good speakers connected to my HTPC where all my music is stored. Its a windows box. I have my macbook as a small laptop on my living room. I would like to be able to control my itunes library on my windows machine with my macbook since they share the same network. I would love for it to be a widget so I could just toss it in dashboard. Any ideas?

Thanks.

...waymon

OP
W
Reaction score
Nope.

I mean be able to control, the actual itunes windows application with my mac, through the network somehow.

Just like the iphone application works like a remote. I want to turn my mac into a remote for my window's itunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
What are you needing to do this for? The only thing I can think of would be remote access. If you shared your entire iTunes library it would be almost the same thing (depending on what you need to remotely access your application for).

OP
W
Reaction score
What are you needing to do this for? The only thing I can think of would be remote access. If you shared your entire iTunes library it would be almost the same thing (depending on what you need to remotely access your application for).

Read the op.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There is no widget.

What you're talking about doing is remote desktop access.

You can try:
Chicken of the VNC
Cord

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.