iMac with a cinema display

Reaction score
I currently have a iMac which is about a year old, and i'm getting a 23 inch cinema display for it (not a new one) to set up dual screens. What connections/cables would i need for it, as i've been told that the cinema display doesn't have a DVI port.

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check here for the types of cables you'll need and prices.

Regards.

Reaction score
imac to tv

this is sort of along the same lines as the thread, but please let me know if i am thread stealing.

i have a macbook and an imac. i can easily connect my macbook to the tv, using the video out adaptor connected to a standard 14pin video cable. works great, however, using the same cabling setup, i get nothing when i connect the imac to the tv.

any suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks
jsa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
jsamac - what happens when you have the cinema display connected to the iMac, and go to System Pref/Display and click on "Detect Displays?"

Reaction score
nada. i tried that, but nothing happened, as if there was nothing plugged in. the settings, as far as i can tell, are the same on both the macbook and the imac. maybe the video out on the imac is no good?
jsa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
jsamac - I took a quick look online, and it seems as if different models/ages of iMacs require different setups for external monitors. What model/vintage is your iMac?

Reaction score
running snow leopard, the imac is 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo,
graphic display is ATI Radeon HD2600

not sure what other info might be important.
thanks
jsa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.