Switching IPod from PC to Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
I've been using my ipod on my PC and have just bought this imac and am wanting to load the music from my ipod over to my mac. Can this be done? If so how?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB
If you want to extract the music from the iPod to your Mac then download Pod2Mac. I love it. In my opinion after dealing with other types of programs relating to that Pod2Mac is by far the best free software to get music off an ipod and into the Mac's iTunes. So go download Pod2Mac, run the program and then format your iPod to your iMac and finish it by re-updating your iPod's music.

OP
zyepod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the reply. What I ended up doing was transferring the itunes folder via my intranet. All worked well except for a few album covers which I just up-dated... I still haven't hooked my ipod to my mac yet... I'm guessing since all is working well with the itunes on my mac I should be able to hook the ipod back up to my PC set the ipod to let itunes auto configure. Set my itunes on my mac to auto configure then hook up the ipod and let it do it's thing right.

Reaction score
Pod2Mac worked perfectly for me. I love this Forum, I've had my Mac for a couple weeks now and I have learned soooo much right here. Thanks.

OP
zyepod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree... The knowledge in this Forum is excellent...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air mid-2013 4GB, and other machines
Don't forget to reformat your iPod to OS X, so it doesn't crash bye-the-bye

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.