Macbook Freezes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The New Macbook
Hi I was hoping with a Mac I would not have the computer hanging or freezing. However this seems to happen a lot. I have a new macbook aluminum and paid for the most expensive one to get the extra memory.

This seems to happen when I use office. org and thuderbird.
and even if I go to FORCE quit and never really quits.

Any ideas? THank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad & iphone 3G
did you try bringing it to an apple store or anything?

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The New Macbook
I am in Phuket, Thailand. We don't have Apple Geniuses here. I bought it at a home electronics store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad & iphone 3G
ah, forgot to check, sorry about that.

Is it just those programs in particular that it freezes on or does it just randomly do it while you are doing just about anything.

I think hangups can happen when a computer is getting too hot, do you have it on a hard flat surface for good ventilation?

just trowing some stuff out thats possible to see if anything sticks....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I am in Phuket, Thailand. We don't have Apple Geniuses here. I bought it at a home electronics store.

My memory of the time I spent in Thailand is that the heat and humidity was very detrimental to electronic equipment as dirt and dust stuck everywhere. I don't know if you're using your MacBook in an air conditioned area or not but make sure that there is plenty of room under and around the machine to allow it to properly cool.

As for the freeze ups when using Open Office and Thunderbird, make sure you have the latest versions installed. I don't use OO but I do use Thunderbird as a news reader and sometimes to gather mail. No problems with it here.

Regards.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The New Macbook
My memory of the time I spent in Thailand is that the heat and humidity was very detrimental to electronic equipment as dirt and dust stuck everywhere. I don't know if you're using your MacBook in an air conditioned area or not but make sure that there is plenty of room under and around the machine to allow it to properly cool.

As for the freeze ups when using Open Office and Thunderbird, make sure you have the latest versions installed. I don't use OO but I do use Thunderbird as a news reader and sometimes to gather mail. No problems with it here.

Regards.

ah I never thought about that. I have a base for it so it is elevated but no air conditioning. Urgh. I am plugging in the fans on the base now!
Thanks for the reply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.