iMac troubles

Reaction score
Long story short ~ my iMac is at the Apple store because of a malfunctioning logic board. They replaced the board but now the display will not turn on. So far this repair has cost me in the neighborhood of $600! The iMac is past it's warrenty and I've only had it for 2 1/2 years. If the iMac is permentily broken ~ what are my options?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Brian

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I'm no expert, but if you're beyond warranty and your iMac is broken, you either have the option of paying whatever it's going to take to get it fixed or buy a new one.

Regards

OP
S
Reaction score
Right after I posted this the apple store called me to say that they replaced the logic board but now the display wasn't working, and that they had to replace the display as well (as he's talking I could see dollar signs adding up in my head). Then he said "since we've had you iMac for well over a week now and cannot figure out what the problem is as of yet, we'll cover all costs of reparing your computer."

So, I still do not have my iMac but atleast the repairs will be covered ~ that, I am very thankful for.

BK

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Looks like you received an early Xmas present. That's why Apple service is the best! ;D

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.