glass full of wine spilled all over my mac last night

Reaction score
The History repeats itself.. This time it happened under my roof.. I got a glass full of wine spilled all over my mac last to last night while I and my GF were having a cosy time.. Its a MB Alu 13.3" 2.0 GHz. I thought something so stupid has happened for the first time ever.. But I was wrong. I read a plethora of threads over internet for the same..

So without having such horrible experience from the past, I quickly removed the adapter cord and battery and tried to wipe as much visible wine as possible from the exterior/interior of MB without opening it.. and gulped the other glass of wine quickly too.. :)

I didn't bother to dissect it to wipe the internals of any liquid and let it dry naturally for a day. In the mean time I was reading about the possible consequences of such an accident.

1) Logic board is gone: WORST (10)
2) HD is gone : 8.5
3) Just some circuitry damage: 6.5

In any case, I have to pay everything from my own pocket as I don't have any safety plan. So without wasting any more time. I went to a reseller here and handed over the comatose MB to him. I hope for the least damage and less expenses. :((

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Sorry to hear of your tragic event. Poor Mac! But you know, eating and drinking around the Mac is just part of the experience. Sure, be careful. But in the long run accidents like this are going to happen. I take my MBP to coffee shops all the time. And I almost always have a cup sitting next to it at home. What's a person going to do? Good luck with the repairs, and have a happy, safe holiday season.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad & iphone 3G
what kind of wine was it? ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
OP
M
Reaction score
Result:
After x'mas holidays the store finally checked my mac and came up with the list of damaged items and total cost of repair which is a whooping 1650 euros. Without the 2nd thought, its non-sense to repair it. They list reads as..
1) logic board replacement.
2) Display assembly.
3) Housing, Top case, Keyboard.

The store guy suggested me not to think of repairing it and buy a new one. (as if i was going to repair)

Now the surprise is this. I reached home and thought of looking at my dead MB one last time and pressed the power button with despair. What I saw shocked me. It booted perfectly as if nothing was wrong. I kept it on for 10 mins to notice any discrepancies but found none. All i could smell was some wine as if the heat inside was vaporizing it. I turned it off after 10 mins. I plan to do the following.

1) Open and clean everything inside to avoid any corrosion.
2) Then only keep it on for as long as possible till i see some signs of trouble.
3) If works perfectly, sell it off :)) and wait for new quad core macbooks..

What do you guys suggest?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
hey i spilled iced tea all over my first unibody MB and it didnt boot on for about 2 weeks then one day apple called me and said my MB powered on and to repair it will be $800 so i just took it back and used it, the only con was the keyboard was aomewhat sticky, also it would take a while to charge but it kept its charge for like 65% the length as non liquid damaged. you best bet is to sell it for as much as ypu can and buy a new one. i sold mine for $550 and then bought the new uni whitebook [[=

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Stupid question but, if you wind up selling it, I assume you're going to advertise that it's damaged goods and how so ?

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.