Macbook 13" (2 yrs old) Freezes when lifted

Reaction score
Hello all,
This is my first post on this website,
And im hoping someone can help me with my hardware issue

Sounds silly, but when i push down on the bottom left and top right of my macbook, it freezes and sometimes makes the screen go nuts

Because i put my macbook on the arm of my setee when using it, im wondering if i have bent something inside, which has made it vulnerable to movement now

Has anyone got any ideas what is causing this?

And maybe ideas towards fixing this?

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
I'm guessing the repeated use on a curved surface could have warped some part of the frame. What do you mean by the screen "going nuts"? And by "freezing", do you have to restart it, or does it just seize up momentarily. It could be as simple as a warped case tripping the Sudden Motion Sensor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
there is a suddenstate motion sensor that could of gone bad. I know right when these 13" MB's came out it was all about this Sudden State sensor that would freeze the haddrive in case of sudden movement or drop to ensure the hard drive wouldnt get damaged by movement. Its possible its gone bad.... search how to disable the sensor. That might help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I read a post somewhere not too long ago about a Macbook that had a loose board inside. A screw had broken loose allowing a circuit board to move. The case of the Macbook had to be squeezed to get it to boot up. I think your Mac should be opened up and checked for something like that. I really doubt that you warped or bent the aluminum unless its been dropped, sat on, or used as a pry bar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.