Odd error message appearing after OS re-install

Reaction score
Hey guys, my first post on this forum. Just joined cause of an odd issue I've encountered. I've been having a very odd message appearing since I recently re-installed OSX. I had to reinstall because my computer was not loading anymore, it was just going to the grey screen with the spinning circle and the apple logo.

Anyhow, I did the reinstall just fine, everything appears to be functioning perfectly, except...for....this:

4194141289_4f260083a0_o.png

It won't go away, no matter what. I click ignore, it pops right back up. I click report, another one pops right back up. I click reopen, nothing happens, then another one pops right back up.

I got no clue what's going on here, but this obnoxious little box is annoying me.

Suggestions? I'm running Snow Leopard, and not sure if it matters, but my computer stats:

macbook pro
3.06 GHz intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB ram
500 GB HD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Try /Applications/Utilities/Console.app it may provide more insight. Look in the system.log

It sounds like an OS X message daemon trying to run most likely related to creating logs of some sort but it keeps crashing and launchd keeps relaunching it. Possibly a permissions issue or something squirreled out during reinstall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
When you did the re-install, did you run Repair Disk from the install DVD to make sure the hard drive is in A1 condition?

If not boot from the disc, fo to Utilities and run Disk Utility and Repair Disk from there to make sure all is well, then continue troubleshooting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
The "application" referred to in the error message may relate to an app you have in your Login Items list. Maybe something not compatible with the OS anymore since your reinstall. Clear the Login Items list and see if that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And if you get the grey screen and sinning logo, just do a set the PRAM restart. Another option is download a little utility called Applejack, print and read the instructions, and run it in single user mode when you have these problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Collin you is much too young to know about this sinning business my lad!!

Besides from personal experience there ain't much sinning in Napier ~ ever!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.