Maintaining the state of the application

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to maintain the state of my application...i.e say user is inside the application and he quits the app. from there itself..

Now when he restarts the application, the app. starts from the first view..I want the app. to resume from the same view from where the user has left..

There is an application "Drill Down Save" available on apple's site but that app. only contains the tables in all the views.. but in my case I have views which contains things other than table. Tables are not used much.

Please someone guide me how to implement that ASAP...I really need this to be implemented at the earliest.

Thanks in advance.

Sanjeev

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
First let's get this thread in the right spot as clearly it is not a comment or question about the forum software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Second, goading people into answering your question based on your time table is likely to get few or no responses. It is considered bad etiquette.

Third, the Apple sample reference suggests you are creating an iPhone app. You should have mentioned that in your post. That helps others picture the scenario in their head.

Finally, what you are asking is unique to each app. I can't see that you'll get answers that will fit your exact situation.

The way that I picture this is that you have to understand what it will take to reconstruct that view. You'll need to save those items that can aid in the reconstruction. Perhaps you place the view level and some other random data into the user defaults. You write any records to a database and save the last query parameters. If you have a table list from a database, save the record id for the record displayed at the top of the list. When your user comes back in, you rebuild the model as it was, push to the appropriate view, and display the goods.

This thread over at iphonedevsdk may be helpful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.