Importing Hotmail contacts to Address Book

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPod, iPad, and Mac user at work and home
I exported my contacts from Hotmail to a .csv file but Address book doesn't recognize it. I opened it in Excel for Mac but it looked all right?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm a new convert from Windows and have already had to email close to 300 emails to myself as I'm far from an Apple store. Plus I'm still weeding out duplicate photos and music in iPhoto and itunes.

Thanks,
radiomother

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPod, iPad, and Mac user at work and home
Actually, I figured it out myself although it isn't perfect. I used Entourage to import the csv file though it took me awhile (I'm slow) to understand how to sync the fields. Once the file was in Entourage, I exported my contacts to a csv file on my desktop and imported it into Mail.

Mail seems unwieldy. Is Entourage better because everything is in one program rather than scattered between Calendar and Address Book?

radiomother

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Entourage is OK, although it 's nowhere near as powerful as the Windows version of Outlook. You can certainly use Entourage instead of Mac Mail if you like. Also of note... Microsoft is including a Mac version of Outlook in its next version of Mac Office. Supposedly "Office 2010" which may be out sometime late Summer or whenever. (Microsoft time :) )

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.