Green grid on my screen!

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a powerbook (year 2003).
The screen started showing a green grid that comes and goes from time to time. the computer is performing great, without any problem, but the screen is showing that strange green grid.
Do you think it is a matter of repairing or I should go for a screen replacement?
Any Advice? Should I try something different before?

I live in South America, where there is a poor technical support but any spare part can be ordered, Isit easy to replace the screen by myself?

warm regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Is the green grid there continuously ??? Oops reread post lol

Have you tried running repair disk permissions ??
MacHD>applications>utilities>disk utilities ....
Click on your HD and then repair disk permissions.

Have you updated the OS through software update ??
Either of these might help

OP
J
Reaction score
Hi,
Thank you for your help.
I tried both things did the permissions repair and latest software updates but still the same problem.
I am figuring out that It might be a loose contact at the lid because depending on the position of the screen the grid desapears or comes back again.

Any advice? Do you think it is easy to open the lid area to check for a loose contact. Any site where it is shown in pictures how to open up to that area?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I read a thread yesterday about similar problem and if he took a screen shot it didnt appear.
Take one see what happens.
Outcome i read is might be the graphics card going :(

Dont hold me to it though ...

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.