iPhone 3gs cracked screen

Reaction score
I have a question, I dropped my iphone 3gs and the screen cracked it's still under warranty so do you guys know if apple will replace the screen for free or do I have to pay?

Reaction score
Hey I've read elsewhere that broken screens, water damage, and theft are pretty much the only exceptions to the warranty. I've been wrong in the past though.

Reaction score
I believe that Apple does have a policy regarding how much you can pay to have it replaced. But I'm not sure how much that is. You would have to call them or go into the store. A cracked screen is not covered under the warranty though, as far as I know. There are some 3rd party options out there as Z mann recommended, but many of them will void the warranty. There is a website called iPod Repair | iPhone Repair | MacBook Repair in which you can pay them and they can fix it. They are Apple certified, so as far as I know it won't void the warranty. At least that is what an Apple genius told me at a store once.

Reaction score
I've had 11 iphones. I can't remember all of them but I know each one with a broken screen was somehow replaced under warranty. Including my first iphone that was jail broken, cracked screen. Then I had the Iphone charger electrocute me (recalled) and broke my screen when I fell down (talk about questions!), another one was at work, replaced before christmas and several with hardware issues. I have 8000+ pictures, loaded with music etc. I use my iphones to the max :D and i love them. I think the electrocution case pretty much opened me up for instant replacements. As the store managers both know me since the incident happened. Last replacement was 3 months ago, out of warranty and the phone stopped working and day before I went it I slipped on ice and put a very small crack in the screen...

ive had bad luck with screens... i know

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.