MBP won't wake up with mouse or keyboard. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
I tried a few searches and nothing came up that addressed my specific problem so here we go:

I recently purchased a new HDTV that can finally handle the full resolution of my MBP. It works fine via a DVI-HDMI cable whenever the lid is open; however, the machine puts itself to sleep when I close the lid yet won't wake itself from this state when I activate either my mighty mouse or wireless keyboard. I have the "allow this device to wake the computer up" setting engaged in both the bluetooth and mouse/keyboard sections of preferences but still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution? I don't want to use Insomnia (or whatever the name of the program is that tricks the machine into staying awake when the lid is closed) as I am wanting to use the MBP to watch archived movies, surf the web, and play a few simple games through my new TV and over heating could become a real problem if the screen stays on too long.

Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I don't know if this has anything to do with the "problem," but I don't have any wake up setting in the keyboard/mouse Preferences. I'm running Snow Leopard. Do you have third party (like Logitech) software running?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
To run an external display with the lid closed on the Apple laptops, the laptop MUST be charging/plugged in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.