Creating a download page for application in iWeb??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.0gHz, 250gb HD, 2gb RAM; Macbook 13" 2.0gHz, 500gb HD, 4gb RAM.
Hi,

I need to have the function of downloading applications from my company website. I want to be able to give a link to my customers and for them to be able to download the .exe or .dmg file. Is this possible in iWeb?

I am using iWeb'09 on Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

Many thanks for you input,

Nigel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4GB Ram Running Snow Leopard
Yep. Just upload the file you want to offer in a directory on your web server. Then put a link to that file on your website. IE...

www.yourwebsite.com/newdirectory/yourfile.exe

Also, depending on your webhost, you could even password protect that directory so only your customers can access the file. Hope this answers your question!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 10.6.2 (2.4 Ghz) | Time Capsule 500GB
You should be able to just link to it in your page. For example if you want visitors to be able to download mydoc.doc , thisppt.ppt or even thisheredmg.dmg , just add the download link as a hyperlink pointed to /mydoc.doc etc. As long as you have uploaded /mydoc.doc or whatever to your host / included mydoc.doc in your website folder, that is usually all it takes to be downloadable. *and depending on what you want visitors to download, searchable as well

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.