iPhone 3GS Sync via Firewire?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i7 16GB RAM, 2TB HD (currently dead after only one week of use!!!)
I know, for the most part, that you cannot charge the iPhone 3GS via Firewire; however, can one use a Firewire cable to connect/sync with iTunes?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
You hate google ? Huh it just found you a FireWire cable that the maker claims will sync the 3gs with iTunes. And a report from the maker of the iPhone saying it can't be done ! What else could you want in a search engine ? Lol. Any way I guess doing more research on the cable will let you know if they have truly found a work around.

Good luck
Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
There is no work around. No current iPod will transfer data via FireWire, period.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You hate google ? Huh it just found you a FireWire cable that the maker claims will sync the 3gs with iTunes. And a report from the maker of the iPhone saying it can't be done ! What else could you want in a search engine ? Lol. Any way I guess doing more research on the cable will let you know if they have truly found a work around.

Good luck
Clay

Any search engine could have found those links... Not just Google. And just because the DayDeal website (which is a company I have had more than one negative experience purchasing from) lists compatibility with the iPhone 3GS doesn't make it so, and they surely do NOT make this cable!) And every official report on Apple's website only mentions that Firewire does not charge the battery. It makes no mention of not being able to sync/transfer files... I could care less if it charges the battery.

I appreciate you trying to help; however, I hate it when people respond to newcomers to forums with the "did you try searching yet" reply!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I appreciate you trying to help; however, I hate it when people respond to newcomers to forums with the "did you try searching yet" reply!

Well did you search before? ;D

Reaction score
Hey I dont know if your question has been answered yet, but I tried one of those "2 in 1" cables like the one above, and all my iPhone kept saying is that the device wasn't made for an iPhone basically. So IMO I dont think there is any possible way to sync an iPhone via firewire. Sorry bud, I was disappointed also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.