Popcorn and Tiger (Patch Released)

R

RedRAIDER4life

Popcorn and Tiger

ok so i have a powerbook and had popcorn installed with 10.3.9 and all was good...i upgraded to tiger and now it will open up but when i try to import movies to shink and copy it quits. so i need to know what to do to fix it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Probably need to wait for Roxio to release a Tiger update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
wow, i figured a company like roxio would have their software up to date before the release of a new major operating system. big thumbs down to roxio on that one. i could imagine small program makers being behind, but not them.

i hope they fix this soon even though i do not own the software
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
wow, they havent even bothered replying.......

OP
R

RedRAIDER4life

ok thanks for the link i happy to find out im not the only one with this problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
wow thats a surprise. and very dissapointing :eek:neye:

OP
M

menace3054

amendolair said:
wow thats a surprise. and very dissapointing :eek:neye:

i sent them an email to, which they havent replied to... kinda sucks spending 50 bucks on software for it to not work a few weeks later

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
I'm so glad that I didn't rush to the "bleeding edge" of Mac OS 10.4, but it sure was tempting...looking at all of the cool new features. I've usually always hopped right on the latest and greatest bandwagon...but I think I'll wait until at least 10.4.1 or 10.4.2 before I hop in this time. I'm sure by then the third parties will have their act together too.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
What is popcorn?

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
Amen-Moses said:
What is popcorn?

Amen-Moses

Popcorn is software by Roxio that is used for the duplication of DVDs. I make many home movies, wedding videos, etc...and Popcorn has been invaluable in making many copies of these discs. There's nothing truly magical about Popcorn in my opinion...you can do many of the same things with open sourced/freeware programs...however, it does bring it all together rather elegantly and it is very simple to use.

This is assuming you aren't using Tiger of course :)

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
mcsenerd said:
Popcorn is software by Roxio that is used for the duplication of DVDs. I make many home movies, wedding videos, etc...and Popcorn has been invaluable in making many copies of these discs. There's nothing truly magical about Popcorn in my opinion...you can do many of the same things with open sourced/freeware programs...however, it does bring it all together rather elegantly and it is very simple to use.

This is assuming you aren't using Tiger of course :)

OK, so does Toast still work under Tiger? I'm assuming Popcorn is stand alone of course, or does it use Toast.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
Amen-Moses said:
OK, so does Toast still work under Tiger? I'm assuming Popcorn is stand alone of course, or does it use Toast.

Amen-Moses

My copy of Toast 6 works just fine with Tiger.

-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Popcorn is standalone to my knowledge.

OP
M

menace3054

mcsenerd said:
Popcorn is standalone to my knowledge.

Thank you for Contacting Roxio Technical Support

An update for Toast, Jam and Popcorn would be posted soon which addresses minor compatibility issue with Tiger.

If the information provided does not resolve your issue simply reply to this email. Please do not delete any of the existing text as it contains information to ensure your request is routed correctly.

Regards,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
Popcorn Patch

Did a search, I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but Roxio has updated Popcorn to work with Tiger now. You can get the patch here hope that works for everyone. You will need your CD key!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I merged the threads so people who posted on the original can see that the patch was released

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Popcorn is the only program that people mentioned having problems with in this thread

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.