Entourage can't apply rules

Reaction score
As a new Mac convert ( 3 weeks) i have got ms office and really struggling with 'rules' for my email on Entourage.

I have set up all the folders and all the rules, but the emails never ever go automatically to the relevant folders according to the rules, but do so when i manually apply the rules.

is there something im doing wrong here? because outlook never behaved like this :-(

any suggestions and help most gratefully recieved.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.66GHz Quad-Core 8GB, Radeon 4870 * MacBook Pro 17" 3.06 Core 2 Duo, 8GB Ram * 64GB 3G iPad
bluefox9er,

Are you attempting to use Entourage with an Exchange server or web based email like Gmail? My GMAIL account from within Entourage applies rules and moves email to specified folders without a problem. I stopped using Entourage for Exchange server email because of some imcompatabilities. The word on the street is that Exchange for Mac is due out next year! Hope this helps?

dB

OP
B
Reaction score
hi..i am using gmail..and it still wont automaticalyput meails int he appropriate foldes in compliance with the rules..onlymanually when i do it myself with right click and 'apply rule' :-(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.