cost of new lower shell?

J

Jeffhop

1st time post but boy do I need it...
Today I took my 12" Powerbook out of my backpack and there was a Huge dent in the right hand corner which had poped out the battery and mangled the allumenum (spelling?) I freaked out that my screen was busted (which it wasnt) and my drive was damaged (it wasnt) I turned it and few... it worked... screen, drive, and all. BUT, my lower part of the case is still mangled. I dont know how to explain but none of the internal parts were busted (thank god) only the right hand corner (battery corner) of the alluminum outer shell and the interor piece of that. The battery still fits without the cover though. Does anybody know the cost of new lower shell? I cant post pics till Sunday but i hope this gives people an idea. I only need the part BELOW the plastic ring that seperates the keyboard and pad and the lower shell. Could I bend it back? The corner is pretty knocked in though. Any info would be great
Cheers
-Jeff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
if there is an apple store near you i would bring it to them but don't say you carried it in the backpack which is the worst possible way you can carry your powerbook. i dont believe you can just buy bottom halves of the case and i dont even think you can buy the case yourself i have a feeling its something only apple will do and for a pretty penny

OP
J

Jeffhop

Yeah thats what I am planning to do and get a quote... i hope its not too much as i cant pay too much. :-(
Anybody know about how much this will cost? No internal parts are needed justy the bottom case.
Next thing to buy: good HARD case
Cheers
-Jeff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i would be guessing in the middle 100's range and up for the case

OP
J

Jeffhop

Thats kinda what I was expecting... Im so happy rthe screen didnt get broken in the process becasuse when I first turned it on the screen didnt work but then I figured out that was because the battery isnt in and for some reason the screen dosnt work when the battery is not in. ANyways, thanks for the help and I am planning to go to the Apple store mondayish to soo what they can do.
Cheers
-Jeff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thats strange that the screen doesn't work without the battery because i rarely use my battery when im at home and have never heard of that

OP
J

Jeffhop

I just tried again and it worked this time.
Maybe i didnt turn it on and i thought I did?
I dont know
That totally scaared me though because i at least thought I had turned it on and it wasnt working and I know how expensive apple sceens are.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.