CPU-hogging process: "etsrvd"

Reaction score
I am running OS X 10.5.8 on a MacBook Pro. My CPU usage has recently been going wild occasionally, and the culprit is aparently a system process called "etsrvd". I don't know what it does, if it's important, or if it would be ok to close it when it comes out. The only other information I can find is that its "parent process" is "launchd".

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Looks an Aladdin eToken daemon. Is it supported in 10.5.8? I'm not sure what it is actually for but perhaps you do.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Something to do with eToken? That might make sense - my school distributed eToken USBs about 2 years ago but then abandoned them, only after I had some kind of software installed. I no longer use it, and I thought I had deleted it. Can't remember exactly how/why I think I deleted it, since it was so long ago.

I tried manually quitting the process from the Activity Monitor, and it worked fine - my overactive CPU went quiet and the process disappeared without any negative side effects.

However, it occasionally reappears. Is there any way to delete this process (and any associated eToken software / residue) permanently?

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.