MacBook ejects OS Disc during restart

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook Purchased 11/2007 500gbhd, 4G of RAM, Leopard
My iDVD quit working on me.

and..

The CD drive is acting up too, for example, I tried to rip a cd that my sister had just ripped onto her MacBook and mine kept ejecting it. I dont understand what is going on, so I figured I'd re-install the software.

When I insert the Leopard OS Disc, everything pops up (main menu, etc) I tried to install from scratch where the big "X" pops up and it tells me that it will restart.

About a minute or two into restart, the disc ejects and the computer just restarts like it normally would.

Why is this happening? Do I need a new CD drive? Any other ideas?? Any help is appreciated.

My iDVD quit working on me.

and..

The CD drive is acting up too, for example, I tried to rip a cd that my sister had just ripped onto her MacBook and mine kept ejecting it. I dont understand what is going on, so I figured I'd re-install the software.

When I insert the Leopard OS Disc, everything pops up (main menu, etc) I tried to install from scratch where the big "X" pops up and it tells me that it will restart.

About a minute or two into restart, the disc ejects and the computer just restarts like it normally would.

Why is this happening? Do I need a new CD drive? Hardware or software issue? Any other ideas?? Any help is appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To reinstall iDVD from your Leopard install DVD you must first boot your machine with the disk. After it boots, you can selectively install iDVD by de-selecting all the other applications so that only iDVD reinstalls. You do not need to reinstall Leopard.

If that's too complicated, download Pacifist from CharlesSoft and use it to extract iDVD from your Leopard disk. Pacifist is shareware. ($20.00)

Regards.

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook Purchased 11/2007 500gbhd, 4G of RAM, Leopard
Do you think if I reinstall iDVD, that I will be able to run cd's too? Thanks for the input!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.