Firewire External Hard Drive

Reaction score
I want to get a external hard drive for my new MBP. I want a want a firewire 800 compatible one, which a capacity of upto 500gb. I'm struggling to find one here in the UK from a good manufacturer i.e. WD or Seagate

Any recommendations?

Cheers,

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4gb RAM, 1tb HD, OS X 10.6.8,
I bought this quiet a while ago from buy.com.

Manufacturer: LaCie Group SA
Model: > LaCie d2 DVD-RW Firewire
Drive Type: CD-RW/DVD-RW
Disc Burning: Not Supported (don't know why it says that. It does burn DVDs)
Removable Media: Yes
Detachable Drive: Yes
Speed: 400 Mb/sec Speed

Also have small portable WD Passport. Both seem to be good products.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I want to get a external hard drive for my new MBP. I want a want a firewire 800 compatible one, which a capacity of upto 500gb. I'm struggling to find one here in the UK from a good manufacturer i.e. WD or Seagate

Any recommendations?

Cheers,

Tom

If i were you, i would go for the Lacie d2 Quadra 500GB. The d2 Quadras have F800, F400, eSata, and USB. They also allow you to daisy chain other F800 drives together, allowing your computer to see more than 1 drive through the same port. I own 2, a 500GB and 1TB, and both are running perfectly. Here's where i buy them from: Lacie d2 Quadra. They have some amazing deals on these drives there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.