installed snow leopard and ever since then my mouse/system freeze up

Reaction score
I own a 2 x2.8 quad-core intel with 2 GB of ram.

I installed snow leopard and ever since then i keep having my mouse/system freeze up. What is really weird is the mouse will track on the screen but I notice a bunch of transparent lines in a block under my pointer.

I do a hard power down and restart, sometimes the computer come up fine, and sometimes it will go to an all grey screen with digital rectangles across the middle.

MAN I NEED HELP! I AM GOING CRAZY!

any ideas?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is this a Mac Pro with those specs?

I am taking a guess here but your symptoms tell me issues with the video card. Can you give us more specs on the Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Virus? No. That's not what a virus does. Not everything that goes wrong with a computer is due to a virus. There are no viruses for Macs.

OP
X
Reaction score
It's a G5 tower Mac Pro. I love it. I am at work now on my laptop so I cannot get anymore specs. Thanks for any help.

Virus? Who said that?

Here are some more tid-bits, I took norton anti virus off due to the code ten associated with Leopard. I never use it anyways, NBC made me get it saying that I was sending them virus's via .doc's over email. After i uninstalled it, it kept happening, so I went into my startup and removed more that wasn't removed...but in my system preferences it still has norton, and it ****** me off!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.