Little white spots on my 2004 PB monitor?

S

stevebabcock

So, I bought my 15" Powerbook almost a year ago. About a month ago I noticed two small little white flashes/spots on my screen. Does anybody know what the deal is and if there's a way to fix this. It's driving me nuts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I had the problem on my iBook.

Check out this thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Reaction score
stevebabcock said:
So, I bought my 15" Powerbook almost a year ago. About a month ago I noticed two small little white flashes/spots on my screen. Does anybody know what the deal is and if there's a way to fix this. It's driving me nuts.

Probably dead pixels and if so not really anything you can do about it. With only two of them not likely the company will either.

OP
S

saiser

repair or replacement?

I'm about to (finally!) send in my 15-inch PowerBook for the white spot repair, but do any of you know what the process is? Do they:

- keep the display and just fix the pressure points?
- replace the entire display (and keep the rest of the computer)?
- replace the entire computer?

I'm going to back up all my data, but I'd rather not have to reinstall everything...

Thanks.

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

i have read that they have replased the display. but your it is really depending on the suvirness of your case.. If it is gonna keep generating the problem then they would dop more than just changing the LCD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.