Macbook Pro spill and bad repair job

Reaction score
I am new to the forums so forgive me if this has been addressed before. About a year ago, my Macbook Pro's Logic board failed. (late 2008, 15", 2.5Ghz, 4GB ram) I know this because I took it into Apple and they said that was what it was, and that sometimes it happens. The repair was free of charge (as I had only bought the notebook 6 months prior) After the repair, I noticed some gaps in the body on the left and right sides where they obviously hadn't put it back together correctly/tightly enough. (see pic) About a week after that, markings started forming where the raises in the body were. This is very hard to describe through text so maybe it would just be better to view the pictures. My questions are: If I bring it back into Apple, will the reassemble it so the wrist area sits flush with body? Also, how to I get rid of these markings?? They seem to be permanent. They almost look metallic but I am fairly certain they are being caused by the dark grey bezel that's around the screen when I close the lid. As you can see in the pictures, the markings are only where the body doesn't sit flush. Please advise and sorry for the long post

EDIT: There was no spill involved. I spilled my water on my desk while typing this post and had spills on my mind at the time :) sorry

Markings, Left.jpg

Markings, Right.jpg

Raised, Left.jpg

Raised, Right.jpg

Top View.jpg

Reaction score
is your computer still under warranty (1 year unless you have apple care- 3 years)? Bring it to them and say exactly what you said here if it is. Otherwise, bring it in and say exactly what you said here. Tell them it was improperly repaired.

They might tighten up the frame, but i personally think that looks like wear and tear (although i have no idea how you accomplished it). Unless you're correct and its something on top of the aluminum, in-which case they can just clean it

OP
J
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, it has been over one year since purchase and I did not purchase Apple Care. I take very good care of my Mac and I always shut the lid very gently. To reiterate, the marks seen are only located directly above where the frame is not flush. Thanks for the input. Anybody have an idea on how to clean these marks?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.