I dont want my Airport to turn off

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2010 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 320GB HDD, 320M
Hi,

Every time i open the lid to wake my Macbook Pro (specs in signature) the Airport has to reconnect to my wifi which takes 10-20 seconds and is very annoying (i know it doesn't sound very annoying but it is!), i would like to know if there was anyway i could stop my airport from ever going to sleep/shutdown is there any applications that would help me?

Thanks in advance. =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
My Macbook Pro stays connected to my Airport Extreme while the Mac is sleeping. Internet is instantly available when I wake my Mac up. Your situation doesn't sound right to me. I don't know of any Mac control that would put Airport to sleep. Is it possible that your router is going into a standby mode?

OP
funkdabeat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have an Airport Extreme as well, When i open my lid the Airport icon in the menu bar is gray then will show that it is connecting to the router, i cant find any thing in system preferences that makes/prevents this happening.

Reaction score
I had this happen to me. What I did was to move the network session commonly used for the Airport to the top of the network list. No more problems. TRy looking up "Wake on Demand" I guess you are running Snow Leopard. You might also want check out MAC OS X Snow Leopard - the missing manual. Anyways I resolved my prob.

OP
funkdabeat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ahh yes i will look and that and yes i am running snow leopard, where about it 'wake on demand'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac 27" 2.66 GHz Intel Core 4Gb Ram|SL|Dual Band 1TB TC|AEX(n)|iPhone 4|iTouch 2G|160GB ATV|MBA
Make sure you have selected the 'wake for network access' as follows:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.