MacBooks & MacBook Pros on planes

Reaction score
In march I'll be gong overseas, and I was thinking of getting a laptop (I'll need one to do school work, I'm 13) Anyway, on the Mac site it says their operating altitude is 10000 - 15000 ft. But planes usually fly at 30000 ft + So what happens if you use a MacBook or a MacBook Pro above 15000 ft oh and some goes for the 3rd gen ipod touch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
The plane is pressurized. You will be fine with both devices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
I've used my MacBook in flight many times, sometimes for two or three hours. Worked like a charm. (Just don't forget to turn off AirPort before takeoff unless the airline has its own wifi that you plan to use, of course....worst case scenario, it could interfere with some wireless stuff they use in the flight deck, but to be honest with you, I've flown several times without turning it off -- I just didn't think of it! -- but nothing seemed to go wrong; best case scenario, you use more battery than you need to.)

Reaction score
Haha this is funny, but I guess I didn't know this when I was 13 - Planes are required to be pressurized resembling an altitude less than or equal to 8000 ft. So unless you are planning on sitting on the wing, your Mac will be fine :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I think I flew for my first time when I was around 13. The only thing I could think about was how cool it was going "more than 100" miles per hour.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
i just currently went overseas and i was using my MacBook the whole way there watching videos on itunes and such and had not 1 problem. so you will be fine!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13.3 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz, 2gig ram, 500gig HD -- Iphone 3g 8gig
All im wondering is... Is your mom asking this for you? Or are you seriously that intelligent? I didnt even know that about planes. haha and im 19! Maybe im just stupid? who knows. AND! you used normal typing, not that texting lingo. haha CRAZY! You will be fine though. =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13.3 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz, 2gig ram, 500gig HD -- Iphone 3g 8gig
By the way, I didn't mean to offend you if I did. I am just really impressed haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Fly Business Class... they'll take care of you and your Mac. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Like everyone else has mentioned, due to pressurization you'll be fine.

I've used my Macbook and iPhone on planes for years now with no problems. I'm actually gonna get on a plane today for a transnational flight and I'll be using my iPhone and possibly my laptop during the trip.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Operating altitudes for humans is about the same as that for Macbooks. If the plane weren't pressurized (to 8000ft BTW, standard pressure altitude at ~30,000+ ft) your Macbook would be the last of your problems! For example, who inherits your Macbook now that you don't need it anymore. ;)

Reaction score
Just don't open any pressurized doors and you will be fine. If one of the doors blew open, I am sure the last thing you will worry about is your MB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.