apps close when display sleeps

Reaction score
on the energy preferrences I put that under ac power the display shut off in 15min and the system in 3hrs. however as soon as the display turns of my limewire shuts down. I been trying to download a big file and it keeps shutting down. anyway to keep the programs from shutting down ? btw I am not closing the lid

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
That's because you're using Limewire. First, you shouldn't discuss that here. Second, you shouldn't be downloading things illegally. If you must download things illegally, you should pick a better client.

OP
M
Reaction score
That's because you're using Limewire. First, you shouldn't discuss that here. Second, you shouldn't be downloading things illegally. If you must download things illegally, you should pick a better client.

theres nothing ilegal about limewire, only if you download copyrighted material and I dont. besides im not asking for advice on the actual program, its a MBP concern

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Switch your energy preferences to "Never" then change it back after you finish downloading such large files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.